CORPORATE SECRETARIAL SERVICES
Why there is a need for the provision of Corporate Secretarial Services to your company?
1.The company secretary must be residing locally in Singapore.
2.He/She must not be the sole director of that enterprise
3.Every company must appoint a secretary within 6 months of the date of its incorporation.
How do we help and what do we offer?
COMPLETE SECRETARIAL SERVICES PACKAGE – Only $S 380! ( excluding ACRA disbursements)
Our Company Secretary Package provides the following services:-
- Acting as named Corporate secretary by our qualified staff
- Monitoring of filing deadlines
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with relevant legal requirements, particularly under the Companies Act and Income Tax Act.
- Regular compliance alert via email and call.
- Safe-keeping of company common seal
- Maintaining and updating of company’s Minutes and Register Books
- Drafting of standard directors’ resolutions and minutes
- Advice on secretarial/statutory/compliance/accounting/tax matters
- Submission of Annual Return
- Attending to routine secretarial filing
- Preparation of Annual General Meeting
- Auto Filing Reminders
3-IN-1 COMPLIANCE PACKAGE -PACKAGE DEAL AT Only $S 980! ( U.P. $S 1,190 )
Our 3-in-1 Compliance Package provides the following services:-
Secretarial Work – U.P. $S 380
Compilation of Financial Report – U.P. $S 600
Tax Computation – U.P. $S 180
Submission of Estimated Chargeable Income – U.P. $S 30
Dormant companies and exempt private companies (“EPC”) with annual revenue below S$10m could enjoy audit exemption under current Singapore Companies Act, Chapter 50 (the “Act”). These companies have a choice as to whether to have their accounts audited except where the law has prescribed that an audit is still required. This will help many companies reduce their business operating cost.
Companies that qualify for the audit exemption and have chosen not to have their accounts audited can file the unaudited accounts in place of the audited accounts. The unaudited accounts (including notes to accounts) must be accompanied by the Directors’ report and the Statement of Directors and they must be prepared in compliance with the Companies Act and Singapore Financial Reporting Standards. To meet these requirements, we assist our client to prepare unaudited financial statements with professional competence and due care.
A tax computation is a statement showing the tax adjustments to the accounting profit to arrive at the income that is chargeable to tax.
As mandated by IRAS, companies should prepare their tax computations annually before completing the Form C-S/ C. Only companies filing Form C need to submit their audited/unaudited* accounts, tax computation and supporting schedules together with Form C. Companies filing Form C-S are still required to prepare their financial accounts, tax computation and supporting schedules and submit them to IRAS upon request.
Unaudited accounts are accepted if the company is exempted from audit under the Companies Act.
In addition to monitoring and ensuring compliance with relevant legal requirements, a company secretary also has the following responsibilities:
We are responsible that the company is in compliance with its constitution. We also have a duty to draft amendments in accordance with correct procedures.
We are responsible for the co-ordination of the company’s formal decision making and reporting operation, certifying copies of minutes and ensuring that correct procedures are followed, drafting meeting agendas with the chairman. Not to mention that we will also be attending meetings, taking and maintaining minutes for your company.
We are responsible for attending the meeting, taking minutes, obtaining agreement to all documentation for circulation to shareholders, , as well as coordinating the administration and procedures.
Maintaining Statutory Registers and Books
We have the responsibility to update ACRA on :-
- adoption, alteration and revocation of constitution
- removal from office in accordance with the Singapore Companies Actor the constitution
- issue of shares
- disqualification from holding office
- any changes in the director(s) of a company or particulars relating to director(s)
- annual return
- change of company name
- changes to a directors name or residential address
- any other changes that requires updating with ACRA
OUR OTHER SERVICES
Company Strike Off – Only $S 480!
ACRA will strike off a company off the register only if the company meets the following conditions:
- The company has ceased operation
- The company has no bank account or the bank account is closed
- The company is not and will not be involved in any court proceedings in or outside Singapore
- The company has no assets and liabilities*
- The company has no outstanding penalties or offers of composition due to the ACRA and is not indebted to other government departments
- The company has no outstanding tax liabilities to / tax refund from the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS)
- The company has no outstanding charges in its charge register (e.g. no mortgages, etc.)
- None of the officers of the company have outstanding ACRA summonses
- If the Company is GST registration, kindly cancel it before the Company is submitting for striking off
* If the Company has liability which is trade in nature and be waived off, it is subject to Company income tax.
Process of Striking-Off a Company
Upon approval of a strike off, a Striking Off Notice will be sent to the company at its registered office address, to its directors at their residential addresses and to the IRAS, within 14 days of the receipt of the strike off application.
A period of one month is given in the Striking Off Notice to anyone that may wish to raise any objection to the application.
After the one month period has expired, a notification of the intention to strike off this company off the register in 60 days’ time will be made in the Government Gazette. Any interested person can still raise an objection to the application during this 60 days period.
After the 60 days have expired, a final notification will be made stating that the company has been struck-off the register. The date that the company is struck-off will also be stated in the final notification.
The entire Company striking off process therefore takes about four months.
Aggrieved persons can appeal to the Court for restoration of the company within 6 years (formerly is 15 years).