2. Public accountants must complete all requirements for renewal before their registration can be renewed. This includes compliance with the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) requirements, orders of the Public Accountants Oversight Committee (PAOC), and payment of any amounts outstanding to ACRA.
3. Public accountants must complete at least 120 CPE hours over three year, with at least 90 hours in structured learning and at least 20 hours in structured learning each calendar year. The 3-year period for 2023 PA renewal began on January 1, 2020.
4. As per Practice Direction 1 of 2021: Revised Continuing Professional Education Syllabus and Requirements for Registration as a Public Accountant and Renewal of Certificate of Registration (176KB, PDF), the following revised CPE requirements will be implemented from 2023 PA Renewal.
5. When completing the 2023 PA Renewal form, public accountants will need to enter the hours acquired in Category 5 under “Others” and indicate “Cat 5” in the field provided under “State relevance and objective of course for hours classified under “Others”. For more information, please refer to this link (122KB, PDF) for the illustration.
6. Public accountants who have received orders from the PAOC to acquire additional CPE hours as part of the Practice Monitoring Programme should not include these additional hours when calculating the CPE requirements for registration renewal.
7. ACRA will sample public accountants to check compliance with CPE requirements. Enforcement actions, including denial of registration renewal, will be taken against public accountants who make false declarations.
8. Please find attached a list of publications containing key observations from past compliance checks, as well as clarification and guidance regarding CPE compliance. Exemption applications can be found under the Download section of this link.
Application for Exemption from CPE Requirements
9. Please submit your application for exemption from the CPE requirements through BizFile+ before the renewal exercise ends on 31 December 2022. Those public accountants who have applied for exemption from the CPE requirements should wait for the outcome before submitting their PA renewal applications.
10. Public accountants who wish to be exempt from CPE requirements must provide the following:
11. If your application for an exemption is approved, the PAOC may require you to make up for any CPE shortfall and acquire additional CPE hours within a specific timeframe as a condition for renewing your certificate of registration. If your application for exemption is denied, you will no longer be able to practice as a public accountant after your registration expires on 31 December 2022.
12. The fees payable for 2023 PA Renewal are as follows:
a. A fixed sum of $600; and
b. A variable sum is set out in the table below:
|Number of listed corporations audited by the accounting entity from 1 January to 31 December 2022||Fees payable by the public accountant in respect of each accounting entity in which he is practicing as of 1 January 2023|
13. The timelines for the 2023 PA renewal are as follows:
|1 Dec 2022 to 31 Dec 2022||Public accountants are reminded to submit their renewal applications via BizFile+.|
|1 Jan 2023 to 31 Jan 2023||Public accountants who do not file their renewal applications by 31 December 2022, may request an extension of time through BizFile+ and submit their renewal applications in the same transaction.|
|1 Feb 2023||Public accountants who do not file their renewal applications by 31 Jan 2023 will be removed from the Register of Public Accountants (Register).|
|1 Feb 2023 to 21 Feb 2023||Public accountants who have been removed from the Register may apply for reinstatement through BizFile+.|
To learn more about Singapore incorporation, economy, banking, etc., feel free to call/WhatsApp us at +65 90612851 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may leave us a reply using our contact form below.
Keep in touch to receive the latest listing, news updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.